What Can I Do to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19?
Every person is responsible for doing their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your community.
Current government and public health guidelines recommend the following measures:
- Avoid touching your face, especially the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces at your home and workplace frequently.
- Wash your hands using soap and hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- When soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizing gel with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow or into a tissue, then discard into a garbage can and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from other people in public and avoid close contact with anyone outside of your household.
- If you feel sick, stay home and self-isolate, unless you need to seek medical care.
It is also important to look after your mental health as the stress and anxiety caused by the pandemic can have an impact on your immune system and your body’s resilience to disease and infection. In addition, by keeping yourself healthy, you can safely schedule appointments for any of our dental procedures such as dental implants, dentures, fillings, Invisalign, cosmetic dentistry, and more.
Here are some simple and effective ways to look after your mental and emotional well-being.
Limit your intake of information about the pandemic
This includes taking breaks from watching the news, scrolling social media feeds, and listening to reports on the radio.
Take good care of your body and mind
This includes eating well and exercising regularly. Be sure to get plenty of rest and to devote time to activities that quiet the mind, such as deep breathing, stretching, or meditating.
Find safe ways to connect with others
Talk to the people in your life about your feelings and lend a listening ear to them as well. While in-person meetings are discouraged, there are plenty of ways to connect online through video chats, text messages, emails, and good old-fashioned phone calls.
Schedule time for fun
Keep up with the activities and hobbies that bring you joy.